Want to Start Your Career From a MNC? Join SAP Training
WHAT IS SAP????
- SAP is a system that controls and manages entires resources in a company, from manufacturing, financial assets, to human resources and logistics management.
- The knowledge obtained from SAP is to perform enterprise resource planning(ERP) activities.
- SAP stands for systems applications and products in data processing.
- Its an ERP(enterprise resource planning) software.
- Started by 5 IBM engineers in 1970s.
Standards Based on ERP Software
- Initial release was called R/2 on a mainframe
- SAP later release R/3 as a client server software
- The “R” in R/3 stands for real time.
- New dimensions product based on NetWeaver
WHAT IS ERP?
- ERP represents enterprise resource planning process.
- Information from SAP is to support the decision making process in ERP.
- Business intelligence(Business analytics): Make a company smarter
HISTORY OF SAP
- Founded by 5 former IBM employees in 1972 in Germany.
- The name SAP represents systems, applications, and products in data processing.
- The initial product Real-time Financial(RF) was to support financial report processing in companies. Based on RF, R/1-R/3 system was developed.
- After 2000, SAP R/3 was renamed as SAP-ERP
- TECHNOLOGY WISE: three-tier framework initially
USING SAP IN ERP
- Identify the organization structures
- Creating master data
- Data entry in SAP
- Data analysis in SAP
WHO USES SAP??
- 70% of all fortune companies
- 50% of all fortune 500 companies
- Released BusinessOne & ByDesign designed for SMEs.
SAP – World leader in ERP from last 3 decades with more than 3,35,000 businesses as its customers in 190 countries
Introduction to SAP
- It is the world’s largest business software company.
- It was found in 1972 at WALL DORF in German.
- It stands for system applications and products in data processing.
- According to 2016 corporate fact sheet, SAP serves more than 3,35,000 customers in 190 countries, of which 80% are small and medium-sized businesses(SMB). The latter fact is a more recent departure from the company’s previous focus on large organizations.
- It is also a cloud company with 110 million subscribers around the world.
- World leader in ERP last from 3 decadesredred
- According to SAP, 75% of all global business transactions come on contact with a SAP system.
On the Forbes 2016 list of “The World’s Biggest Public Companies,” SAP was ranked the third-largest software and programming company, behind Microsoft & Oracle.
TOP 5 BEST SAP MODULE TO LEARN FOR ALL TIME DEMAND
#5 SAP MM
AVG. SALARY USD 60,000-80,000 PER YEAR IN US
It is the one important backbones of the logistics area which incorporates modules like sales and distribution, production planning, plant maintenance which are extremely related to materials management.
#4 SAP FICO
AVG. SALARY USD 70,000-90,000 PER YEAR IN US
It stands for financial accounting and controlling. It is related to business financial maintenance and calculation. It deals with inventory, account receivable and payable, bank accounting, fund management etc.
#3 SAP ABAP
AVG. SALARY USD 70,000-1,00,000 PER YEAR IN US
ABAP (advanced business application programming) is a high-level programming language used to write a complex program or function module to transform data as per business requirements.
#2 SAP BI/BW
AVG. SALARY USD 80,000-1,10,000 IN US
Business intelligence (BI) is an application used for data cleansing, and storing of data and applied with business logic to be useful for enterprise users to make better business decisions. This data can be presented in the form of reports and can be displayed in the form of tables, charts etc. which is efficient and easier to analyse and make business decisions.
#1 SAP HANA (S/4 HANA)
AVG. SALARY USD 90,000-1,30,000 PER YEAR IN US
The next generation ERP business suite.
SAP S/4HANA is a real-time enterprise resource management suite for digital business. It is built on an advanced in-memory platform(SAP HANA) and offers a personalized, consumer-grade user experience with SAP Fiori. Deployable in the cloud or on-premise, SAP S/4HANA can drive instant value across all lines of business – no matter your industry or business size.