5 Budget-Saving Ideas for Outdoor Entertaining
If you have an awesome and spacious outdoor space, then you may think about hosting a party where family and friends can get together and have a blast.
But there is much more to organising a party outdoors than just fun and entertainment. It is also about managing the money and arranging for the food and décor.
But that doesn’t mean that you will give in to these constraints and close your doors and be antisocial.
Here are some great ways for planning the budget-saving ideas for outdoor entertainment. Just take a look.
- Plan and Stick to a Budget – You should create a budget and decide the maximum amount that you can spend for the party. Jot down the list of all the expenditures and see which costs can be eliminated for the party. For example, if you have just 100 GBP to be spent but the food and guest libations can cost around 300 GBP then you have to decrease the cost by 200 GBP.
- Decide an Intelligent Theme – An outdoor party lifts the mood for maximum people and is a reason to celebrate. This is especially the case when you are with people with whom you enjoy. Creating a theme can be an icebreaker under such circumstances. While the birthdays and Halloween celebrations can be natural themes here are some other themes that you can try –
- Outdoor Movie Night
- Costume Party involving book or movie or literature characters or anything else that comes to the mind
- Cocktail Party
- Game Night that can include cards, board games, computer or video games
- Party for outdoor activities like Horseshoes and Beer Pongs
- Make Your Food Instead of Hiring the Caterers– You should find the less expensive alternatives to the products at the supermarket and make the food for the party instead of going for a caterer. You should try to cook most of the food the night before so that you just have to heat it on the party night.
- You can make affordable french-fries out of potatoes
- If you have a grill you can make the hot dogs and hamburgers for the party
- Go for the dishes that can be made in large batches
- Try inexpensive yet delicious dishes like the fried shrimp, kabobs or mini sandwiches
- Purchasing the ingredients in bulk can save you the money
- Think of dishes that can be made in large batches
- Go for Inexpensive Party Décors – A theme is going to dictate the decorations like the fiestas and grad parties. If you can plan in advance, then you can also go for the decorations during the offseason. At that time, they are quite cheap. You also try comparison shopping and search for online sales to get an idea about how much things cost and whether you are getting a good deal or not. Another way of getting the décor items is from a family member or friend. Try to return them as soon as the party ends and replace anything that gets damaged. You don’t have to go super-fancy for your party. Just include the following –
- Paper Lanterns
- Paper Streamers
- Mason Jars or Assorted Glass Bottles filled with Tea Lights and Candles
- Outdoor Décor that you may already have
- Freshly cut flowers with foliage from the garden
- Rent Equipment that You Don’t Have – Purchasing the simple equipment like speakers, chairs, table, lounge or tableware can be quite expensive. That is why you should opt for bar hire or other types of furniture that you may need for throwing the perfect outdoor party.
The above are some of the things that you should keep in mind in order to throw a successful outdoor party that will remain etched in the minds of your visitors for years to come without digging a hole in your pocket.